My mind map, let's get personal
Yes, it is complicated.
- I actually started with the mountains. 5 mountains for the 5 members of my immediate family. My inspiration and my best school.
- Then the butterfly was created with patterns and a multitude of symbols representing all I value, which is summarized with the words.
- The flower's petals have some of the keys moments in my life (faith, conversion, really learning, moving countries, progressing, kids, family, showing my work, fulfilling my vision).
- The blue grass, an organic shape to contrast the straight line mountains.
- Then some pieces from a couple paintings became the sky.
- The silhouette, apparently I need to get a tutorial on selfies, but thank goodness my daughter helped me take the picture, then it was easy peasy to trace it in Photoshop with my handy tablet.
- The lettering of my values and what drives me.
Want to see some of the pieces by themselves?
Tadah! To tell you the truth, I thought the butterfly was going to be it, it has always had a special meaning to me of transformation, of beauty. Then the flower with the sky/universe background, was ok, but not strong enough to stand by itself. The mountains, I love them alone, I might just need to hang that one up, but it didn't look very mind-mappish. The solution, combine it all! Nope, it wasn't fast, or easy, mind you I thougth I had it 3 times in the process. But I learned and had fun in the process, that is what counts.